[lug] Searching Mailman Archives

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.net
Mon Oct 15 12:13:34 MDT 2001

> I'm not sure how you'd prevent access via direct url access (a get)
> though.  There might be information on the htdig web page.

Is it possible to denormalize the mailman authentication database?
If so, you could set up .htaccess files or virtual host entries with
basic auth entries.  Alternatively, you could keep the email address
in the persistent cookie and force people to login once.  You'd need
a simple front end to look up the address on each request.

I recommend biting the bullet and creating a web-delivered app using bOP
but them I'm more than a bit biased. :-)  We just added Postgres support,
so it's all freeware and would allow you to grow the app as you'll
inevitably do.  ("How about a files area, Wade?",  "What about checkins?",
etc.)

Rob
Do you bOP?  Why not?  Check out http://www.bivio.net/hm/why-bOP