[lug] Searching Mailman Archives

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Oct 16 13:44:36 MDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 10:51:47AM -0600, J. Wayde Allen wrote:
>I have several private mailing lists running under mailman, and am
>wondering if there is a good way to make the archives searchable.  This is

That's going to require some trickery...  You'll obiously need to set up
the search page to require authentication.  You can probably get away with
setting up a "virtual" in your apache config that allows localhost access
to the pipermail private archives in such a way that it looks like they're
going through mailman.  Or, simply expose that heirarchy so that localhost
is allowed without authentication, but others have to be listed in an
htpasswd file.

I hear that mnoGoSearch is a good tool, but I haven't used it yet.  The
BLUG archives are in htdig.

Sean
--
 Now let's get this thing on the hump, we've got some flying to do!
                 -- Major Kong, _Dr_Strangelove_