[lug] PalmPilot StarOffice Schedler Problem

Bob Collins bcollins at fpcc.net
Tue Oct 16 22:37:03 MDT 2001

I have been able to sync StarOffice Scheduler to my Palmpilot for about
a year.

Several weeks ago, I accidentally shut my laptop off with out logging
out.  Fsck ran when I booted up and fixed some problems.  I got an error
from a kde configuration file which I deleted and things seem to be OK.
This is the only thing I can think of that may have caused my problem,
but you know how that goes.

I tried to sync my PalmPilot today.  It timed out.  I went into
Schedule; Tools; PalmPilot Hotsync Configuration and saw "Place port in
synchronization readiness" not checked.  I check it and clicked OK.
This gave me the StarOffice 5.2 error "StarOffice Sync could not find
the interface given.  Please check the settings."  Port = /dev/pilot &
Baud = 9600.

I ran the Setup program to Repair StarOffice and I reinstalled PalmPilot
integration.

I am hoping this is a problem someone has solved.  I am at a loss as to
how to fix the problem.  I would appreciate any ideas anyone has.

I can dial out with serial port, external modem.  I can sync my
palmpilot to Windows on the same machine.

--
Regards, Bob Collins
        I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves