[lug] Sean's geek travels.

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Wed Oct 17 20:39:55 MDT 2001

Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> writes:

> ...You said a static non-firewalled IP would be available...
> ...Chris R., is network available at the campus location that meets the
> above requirements?

Possibly, but I rather doubt it. A fair number of the servers on
campus seem to have been moved from one IP address to another,
recently. (Or so I suspect from the ssh hosh key errors I get once in
a while)

Most of campus uses DHCP. I don't know of any places that specifically
don't. I could make an attempt to find out, but I rather doubt that we
can get a *static* IP without also having a specific jack associated
with it.

Speaking of networking, though, one of the other students who showed
up at the most recent BLUG pointed me to another room in the
engineering center afterwards. It's probably big enough for us, and it
has ethernet and power for every chair in the building. I took the
time to test it the other day with my laptop, and they're actually
active. It turns out that other engineering-minded student groups use
that room as well, and I'm thinking we should use that room as well.

--
Chris Riddoch       | epistemological
socket at peakpeak.com | humility