[lug] RH Linux download + hdparm

Greg Horne jeerygh at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:03:04 MDT 2001

DMA = 0
Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in 13.35 seconds = 4.79 MB/sec
DMA = 1
Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in  6.75 seconds = 9.48 MB/sec

Major improvment on my K6!  Slowed down the Pentium 200 by 1.07 MB/sec.
Does the DMA setting stay after running hdparm or do I have to make it
permanent elsewhere?  Thanks for all the info Calvin!

Greg