[lug] RedHat 7.1 Water Torture and SWAP size

Nate W natewr at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 13:16:49 MDT 2001

My hard drive runs something about every 15 seconds ALL the time and it's
driving me completely nuts.  I recently upgraded from 7.0 on my Dell Inspiron
7500 - the system didn't have this problem previously.

I'd appreciate all ideas on what is causing it, if it's Really Important or not
and how to stop/reschedule whatever it is.

Also, I made my SWAP file too big and need some of the space back - how to I go
about resizing it without reinstalling?

Thanx!

=====
.