[lug] RedHat 7.1 Water Torture and SWAP size

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Fri Oct 19 10:48:35 MDT 2001

anacron is my first guess.

They started tweaking some things in RH7.1 based on the assumption that the
system would be turned on and off (like a desktop) instead of on all the
time.  They setup anacron to take care of things that cron normally runs
during the wee hours.

as far as the swap, you can boot from a floppy, use fdisk to delete the
swap partition, resize it and then you will have a chunk free.  If you want
to incorporate that chunk elsewhere, you can try partition magic (no
guarantees), or you can re-install

Hugh

"Nate W"