[lug] RedHat 7.1 Water Torture and SWAP size

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri Oct 19 12:30:45 MDT 2001

If this is significant cpu useage, simply run "top"...as soon as the
activity starts, look for the app that just started eating cpu (it might
not be cpu intensive, but chances are it is). Someone else mentioned it
is probably a cron job (or anacron). The cron job I've seen the most
complaints about is "updatedb", since it eats up disk access.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com