[lug] SSSCA to make all open source software illegal

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sat Oct 20 22:12:42 MDT 2001

Scott Herod wrote:

> As much as it pains me to say so, our Republican Senators might
> be receptive to letters.  I believe that the Camera posts their
> s-mail addresses in the Sunday paper.

Since the bio terror scares, I doubt they are opening their mail.

> BTW, IBM would love for people to start looking at their protection
> scheme rather than MS's.  A link is

I would love to see IBM get in this fight. If they want "the good fight"
that'll make them the hero, here it is. I wonder how much they stand to
lose if it becomes illegal to use Linux? Hmm, anyone know if they have a
P.R. email address that might actually read this stuff?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com