[lug] SSSCA to make all open source software illegal

Ken Weinert kenw at ihs.com
Mon Oct 22 04:15:13 MDT 2001

* John Karns (jkarns at csd.net) [011021 16:22]:
> This whole issue is just another reason why it would be advantageous /
> mandatory to have Linux in the mainstream, IMO.  Contrary to some of what
> was said here in relation to a thread a few months back, where some
> perceive this would have a negative impact on the OS, such as diluting it
> for a lowest common denominator e.g., improved ease of use vs. flexibility
> / control over the OS, I argue that it is not an inevitability.
> Furthermore, the potential gains far outweigh the risks.

	Interestingly enough I saw last night (for the first time) an
IBM commercial that ended with the line (in text):

	IBM eServers running Linux

That's not a direct quote because I didn't think I'd be having to
quote it :), but it is the first time I've seen a commercial product
advertised which specifically called out Linux.

--
Ken Weinert   kenw at ihs.com 303-858-6956 (V) 303-705-4258 (F)
GnuPG KeyID: 9274F1CE           GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/