[lug] dhcpd?

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 22 16:17:29 MDT 2001

Try looking for /usr/share/doc/dhcp-*/dhcpd.conf.sample to get an idea.
   The dhcp.conf(5) manual page should help you customize it.

To see a list of all files installed by the dhcp RPM, try 'rpm -q -l dhcp'

-John

Justin wrote:

> I was trying to setup a dhcpd server on my redhat 7.1 machine and read
> that I would need to edit the dhcpd.conf to my liking. Well, after
> installing the rpm for dhcpd I did not have a .conf file anywhere for
> it. Do I need to make my own .conf for this or should the rpm have
> installed it somewhere? When I did chkconfig --list I had a dhcpd
> daemon there, but nothing happened when I tried to turn dhcpd on or off
> (/etc/init.d/dhcpd start/stop). Any suggestions?
>
> Justin
>
> -----
> glow at jackmoves.com
> www.jackmoves.com

   - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
  |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
  |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |