[lug] SSSCA to make all open source software illegal

Dhruva B. Reddy sledgehammer2010 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 13:55:48 MDT 2001

This is encouraging--according to this article, all technology companies are
opposed to this bill.  Also, the bill does not seem to have unilateral support
from the content industry.

However, we would be ill-advised to breathe a sigh of relief.  Just because
they do not like the legislation as currently proposed doesn't mean that they
won't strike an agreement that could still hurt the general public (or us
geeks).

I'm not taking any chances--I am still going to contact my representatives.

Dhruva

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 01:04:34PM -0600, quoth D. Stimits: