[lug] Dell Latitude and KRUD -- Docking Station NIC?

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Wed Oct 24 02:13:26 MDT 2001

I acquired an old Dell Latitude CPi today. XP is now outta there and KRUD in it's place. One swipe and it booted directly into Linux. I'm amazed. I was expecting atleast an install issue with X.

I'm having a problem with the network cards though. I'm able to ping the 192.168.x.x addy (eth0) but there are no traffic lights and the hub isn't showing any traffic while plugged into the docking station. I walked out without the NIC extension for the PCMCIA card so I can't check that at the moment.

Anyone know of a way I can find out whether eth0 is the docking station NIC or the PCMCIA NIC (a 3COM 3CCFEM556 B)?

Thanks much,

John