[lug] SSSCA to make all open source software illegal

Ken Weinert kenw at ihs.com
Wed Oct 24 11:05:16 MDT 2001

> > Let's see there are 405 subscribers to this list.  If we all wrote
> > a letter to our congressmen there is a fairly decent chance that
> > we'd be heard.  Let's see, the contact info people would need are:

> http://clerkweb.house.gov/107/olm107.php3#COLORADO
> >    http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.html
> >
> http://www.senate.gov/senators/senator_by_state.cfm
> >    http://allard.senate.gov/contactme/index.cfm

	While I agree that this is a good idea, given the current
situation in Washington how many of them will actually get read? And
in what time frame?

	I heard on NPR yesterday that they might just burn all the
mail they have already had delivered because it would take too much
time to go through each one and verify that it is clean.

	That obviously doesn't affect mail that hasn't been sent yet
:) but in this climate would it be a good idea to use both e- and s-
mail to ensure timely delivery?

--
Ken Weinert   kenw at ihs.com 303-858-6956 (V) 303-705-4258 (F)
GnuPG KeyID: 9274F1CE           GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/