[lug] SSSCA to make all open source software illegal

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Wed Oct 24 11:23:12 MDT 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Ken Weinert wrote:

> 	While I agree that this is a good idea, given the current
> situation in Washington how many of them will actually get read? And
> in what time frame?
>
> 	I heard on NPR yesterday that they might just burn all the
> mail they have already had delivered because it would take too much
> time to go through each one and verify that it is clean.
>
> 	That obviously doesn't affect mail that hasn't been sent yet
> :) but in this climate would it be a good idea to use both e- and s-
> mail to ensure timely delivery?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing while typing the original missive.
Normally I'd suggest regular (snail mail) rather than e-mail.  After all,
I tend to think that a hand written letter on real paper tends to add some
legitimacy to a persons correspondence.  In this case though ...?

As you suggest, both would probably be a good idea.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)