[lug] man pages RH 7.2

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Wed Oct 24 15:09:12 MDT 2001

"D. Stimits" wrote:

> Gary Hodges wrote:
> >
> > I have a new install of RH 7.2, and I don't have any man pages.  I
> > suppose a link(s) are missing for some reason, but I'm not sure where to
> > look.  The man pages are there, I just can't access them with man.
>
> Try the command "manpath". See what your path is. Assuming the path is
> ok, try as root, see if maybe it is just a permissions problem. Try to
> cd with a non-root user to the directory of a man page.

The result of manpath is /usr/man .  When I look in /usr/man that are two
directories (man1 and man3) that each contain man pages of apps I have loaded
since the initial install.  All the man pages are located /usr/share/man .
Should I move the contents of the /usr/man pages to /usr/share/man and then
create links to /usr/share/man , or maybe it would just be easier to change
my manpath.

Cheers,
Gary