[lug] mICQ

Warren Sanders sanders at MontanaLinux.Org
Thu Oct 25 11:48:38 MDT 2001

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Brad Grissom wrote:

> Subject: Re: [lug] mICQ
>
> I have been getting the same message like you have, for months now!  I have no idea what the problem is.  I'm using LICQ if that makes any difference.
>
> ~~Brad Grissom
> Colorado School of Mines

I found the fix at http://www.icq.com/icqlite/
Use the ICQ Lite Alpha Site applet to log on.  You should still get your normal
repeat messages, then you can delete them off the tree after you close them;
viola!

The problem is that the ICQ servers are ignoring the ACKs for older versions
of the ICQ protocol.  The problem is present in all versions earlier that
ICQ2000.

--
Warren Sanders http://MontanaLinux.Org