[lug] Best places to buy hardware for linux?

Dhruva B. Reddy sledgehammer2010 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 26 08:45:06 MDT 2001

Getting OT, but brick-and-mortar stores are useful when you have to have
something *right now*.  You pay a premium, but sometimes it's worth it.  Plus,
where else are you going to get to play with the stuff before you buy?

Other than a laptop, I would never buy a pre-assembled system.  The cheaper
ones are crap, plus they're invariably bundled with software that I will never
use.  The ones without the bundled software are too damn expensive.

Dhruva

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 08:01:20AM -0600, quoth Ed: