[lug] Errors with BRU

Kirk Ellsworth kirk at dngnet.com
Fri Oct 26 09:11:31 MDT 2001

I am testing out BRU.  I have installed the X86 glibc 2.1/2.2 version.
I am running RedHat 7.1 on my server.
The error I am receiving after I start BRU is:

Checking SCSI subsystem
SCSI subsystem detected tape drive(s)
Checking_linux_scsi.sh: mt:  command not found

-------Aborting Install------------
BRU Professional has detected that your kernel does not support SCSI
tape drives.
BRU Professional requires SCSI tape drives in order to operate.  Please
remedy this situation.  Reboot with the proper kernel and then install
again.

I used another product before with the same setup and the software
detected the scsi tape drive therefore the kernel did support it.  Is
there a tweak in the kernel that I may have to do?  Help ASAP!  The tape
drive is a SCSI SDT(I think) DDS4 Sony.