[lug] Errors with BRU

Chip Atkinson catkinson at circadence.com
Fri Oct 26 09:20:31 MDT 2001

If you can tar cvf /dev/st0 /home (or whatever), and can write tapes,
you have scsi tape support.  From the error message, it appears that the
command mt is not found.  On my older RH installation, mt is in /bin.
mt controls mag tape operation.  Try installing it and see if you get
the message.  I have used bru in the past and been quite happy with it.