[lug] Knowledge shopping list

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Oct 26 10:19:13 MDT 2001

I run Debian, which is pretty raw on Mac's still.  I've heard excellent
things about LinuxPPC and YellowDog these days, but haven't loaded
either one recently.  I would bet they would be the easiest way to load
Linux on a Mac.

The one disappointment with Mac's still is that there's no "Partition
Magic" type of resizing/non-destructive partitioning tool.  I waited to
put Linux on my Mac for quite a while before doing it because I needed
to get my data files off the machine so I could re-partition
(destructively) and then reload OS 9, OS X, and Linux on the new
partitions.  Seems archane to me.

Sorry about the slow response.  Terribly busy week here.

IRLP now has a node in Antartica -- talking on a local VHF frequency
through the VoIP internet link to a ham operator in McMurdo Station this
week was the highlight of the week!