[lug] Best places to buy hardware for linux?

rotering at animalcules.com rotering at animalcules.com
Fri Oct 26 12:08:32 MDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 11:53:18AM -0600, Jeff Walker wrote:

> I have heard conflicting things about dell monitors.  I wonder if these
> people that have had trouble got the trinitron (sony tube) or the cheaper
> ones?

Mine were all model 1226H.  There was no badging to indicate a
trinitron tube.

Please note that the customer service reps were always very polite and
that I never paid a cent to ship these huge, heavy monitors back to
Dell.  I just think the people doing the refurb work didn't do a lot
of testing other than seeing if the monitor showed a picture when
turned on.