[lug] DualBoot: Redhat 7.2 and WindowsXP

Michael Smith masmith at adams.net
Sun Oct 28 13:10:04 MST 2001

>LILO boot screen came up and showed both "Linux" and "winXP". I booted
>linux first and it worked fine. After messing w/ that for a while I
>decided to make sure my XP install still worked. Well, it didn't work
>at all. I checked my lilo.conf and had:
>
>other=/dev/hda6
>label=winXP
>
>I thought that looked right but still my XP wouldn't work. So, anyone
>have any ideas how to approach this? Should I try the GRUB loader?
>
>Justin

I could never get LILO to work properly under W2K much less XP and grew
tired of trying. I just ended up leaving a boot disk in the floppy drive
that I pushed in whenever I needed to boot into Linux.  However I decided to
try GRUB with the 7.2 install and to my joy it really has worked quite
nicely.

Mike