[lug] Re: cat5

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Mon Oct 29 15:05:38 MST 2001

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 02:00:40PM -0800, Matt James wrote:
> Home depot and lowes are fine if you want to throw
> your money away.  I run cat5 all day long - got to QED
> - 66th and wads - across the street from McDonalds.
> They will sell you the stuff in boxes of 1000'.  The

So will Home Depot, and my recollection is that the price compares quite favorably to what I've seen at online stores.

OTOH, their prices for RJ-45 connectors seem a little high.

I'll stop by QED sometime for comparison shopping.

> other place to go without killing the wallet is
> Graybar.  We are talking a difference of about $50 -
> $75 a box - it's worth shoping around.

I seriously doubt that they charge that much less then HD, but I'll check it out.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)