[lug] CD install failures

Michael Deck deckm at cleansoft.com
Thu Nov 1 09:56:09 MST 2001

I had similar problem too with recent KRUD, which I reported in this space.
Sean suggested I might have old hardware and when I replaced the HW I got a
little farther, to the point where it would boot into the install program
but then it would crap out later when it couldn't find a package. I ended
up copying both CD's as ISO images from a CDROM drive on my laptop, across
my home network, onto the target and then doing the HD install.

This technique is going to be a real pain for the monthly subscription
update and I'd really like to understand the problem a little better.

Also, I noted that whenever I do the HD install on KRUD it is always in
text mode, not in GUI mode but I never got that resolved.

Finally, I wonder if anyone can post LILO for how to start the install
program without having to boot from floppy or CD. Once I've got all this
stuff copied onto HDD, I'd like to say boot "install" and get the install
started.

Thanks,
   Mike