[lug] linux to windows and beyond (networking)

Jeff Walker jeffwalker at bwn.net
Thu Nov 1 16:06:11 MST 2001

I am a total novice when it comes to networking, but I have two machines, a
linux box (red hat 7.1), and a windows box (windows 98).

I have a crossover cable between the two, and I can network just fine.  I
only have modem access to the internet, and that is on the windows machine.

Is there a way to get internet access on the linux box when the windows box
is logged into the isp?  I figure it is just a matter of routing and setting
up the window box as a gateway or something like that.  Any pointers?
Didn't find anything in the faqs about this.

tia.

-Jeff