[lug] 2.4.13 kernel?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri Nov 2 08:16:04 MST 2001

"Dhruva B. Reddy" wrote:

> Has anyone tried out the 2.4.13 kernel, or does anyone know anything about it?
> I had been upgrading my kernel the moment I heard about each release (Yeah, I
> know, but old habits die hard), but the 2.4.11 debacle has left me a bit wary.
>
> Dhruva

Try:
finger @kernel.org

I've heard some of the vm stuff has vastly improved, but there are still
things being worked on relative to OOM handling and severe memory
issues. One of these days I'll probably even try a new kernel (I'm
limited to XFS enabled kernels, so I don't upgrade as often as other
people might, but so far XFS seems well worth the wait).

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com