[lug] Demo ideas for next meeting

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Nov 5 11:10:57 MST 2001

Hi Dhruva,

I've been using \LaTeX since the early '90s and would be
happy to provide some example documents.  I think LaTeX
is much easier for beginners if they are given some
example files so (letters, articles, etc.) they can treat
them like templates...

Ed

ps - It used to be difficult to produce good-looking
      PDFs with LaTeX/dvips but using recent tetex
      packages and ghostscript v7.0x:

        http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

      does a *beautiful* job.  The commands are:

        latex filename
        dvips -Ppdf -G0 filename
        ps2pdf filename.ps

      and *bang* you have a great-looking typeset PDF
      to share on the web.  ;-)

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher    |  Emails:   <ed at eh3.com>, <ehill at mines.edu>