[lug] video modes in Xfree86 version 4

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Thu Nov 8 13:15:47 MST 2001

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Jeff Walker wrote:

> So, maybe, next time we need an overhead projector on linux (tonight
> perhaps?) we should try this, that is, unless someone else has already
> figured out the real cause, and this is a red herring.

This would indeed be something to try sometime when there is a projector
handy.  However, the odd thing is that most of the time the projectors
work pretty well.  We get maybe two machines a year that hickup for some
reason or another, and seldom do we have time to really troubleshoot the
cause.  I think that we'd need to have a machine that is not working with
the projector in order to really see if your fix works.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)