[lug] any tips RE: DSL ?

Chip Atkinson catkinson at circadence.com
Fri Nov 9 09:38:07 MST 2001

If you use an external DSL router, Cisco 678, I believe, it's quite
easy.  My experience is from a 675, which is an earlier and similar
model to the 675.  It's quite easy to configure the 675 and you just
configure the linux box to work on ethernet.  I gave the Linux box a
private IP, say 10.0.0.5, turned off the DHCP server on the Cisco DSL
router and was ready to go.  Actually there are a few other
configuration things you need to do to the 678, but by having a stand
alone dsl router, you can get more intelligent help from Qwest.  You
just have to isolate the problem(s) to the 678 and anything downstream
from it.

Chip