[lug] Graph Layout Software

Glenn Murray gmurray at Mines.EDU
Fri Nov 9 14:40:23 MST 2001

Dia may be nice, but I doubt it does anything like what dajo
seems to be asking for.  Given a raw graph, i.e., a set of
nodes and a set of edges, then it is not an easy task to
"pretty-print" it.  You may want to look at chemical
modelling software.  Oddly, there is more for 3d views than
2d views.  One that comes to mind is Jmol
(http://jmol.sourceforge.net/).  If you find a
two-dimensional formatter, let me know!

Glenn Murray
http://www.mines.edu/~gmurray/public_html/Welcome.html