[lug] Qmailadmin

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri Nov 9 16:24:36 MST 2001

Shannon Johnston wrote:

> Does anybody have experience with qmail admin? If so, do you have any
> ideas as to why a new install won't log me in? Or at least where log files
> would be kept so I can find the specific error??

If you are logging in through some form of local program, you can run
strace to see what it looks for. It would possibly point out a password
or other file that is rejecting you:
strace -omylog.txt whatever_command

Most relevant errors are often towards the end of the strace log with a
negative number in the "= -1" type format.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com