[lug] Newline in a filename

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sun Nov 11 10:13:47 MST 2001

Hello,

I am writing a Perl script that renames files.  I forgot to chomp some
input after I read it from a file, and thus renamed a file with a
newline in the file name.  It looks like this in a directory listing

cp9-dc_0043?-0510.jpg

The question mark is the new line.  When I try to delete by using tab
expansion, the question mark turns into a newline, confusing things.  I
am not sure how to escape the new line character.  How can I delete this
guy?

TIA

Tim