[lug] mouse feet won't stay on

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sun Nov 11 19:16:09 MST 2001

I have a perfectly good wireless mouse, except that the little teflon or
nylon feet fell off. Being teflon or nylon, they don't stick to the
mouse very well. Unfortunately, lifting the mouse up slightly is
required for the ball to match up against the internal bearing, and it's
driving me nuts (it acts like it needs cleaning, but it is quite clean
and free of dirt). Does anyone know how I can make the teflon or nylon
feet stick? Else I think I'll drill holes in it, thread them, and insert
nylon panhead screws (terribly risky). I don't want to keep buying new
mice every time the little feet fall off (this one is logitech)...has
anyone here figured out a way to do put those pesky feet back on? Or
possibly I can find a liquid nylon kit, and machine small mechanical
undercuts into the plastic, to mechanically lock it in (though I suspect
a small nylon kit such as this would cost as much as a mouse).

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com