[lug] Weird DNS problems

Chip Atkinson catkinson at circadence.com
Mon Nov 12 09:12:25 MST 2001

Nate,

Thanks for the tip.  For archives sake as well as mine (i.e. correct me
if I'm wrong).  Here's what I did:
dig
(shows list of root servers)

dig @l.root-servers.net. pupman.com
(shows list of GTLD servers)

dig @A.GTLD-SERVERS.NET pupman.com
(shows in the answer section the incorrect address for pupman.com)

when I
dig at york.jymis.com pupman.com
I get the correct answer.  Since the root server appears to be queried
first, and it has an a record in it, it returns the incorrect address,
right?

Chip