[lug] Mouse Scrolling Distance

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Nov 12 12:19:43 MST 2001

SoloCDM wrote:

> While at the console (not X), what settings make the mouse scroll
> further from top to bottom and left to right?

I don't remember the options themselves, but I know gpm has ballistic
and other standard mouse options. In RH there is /etc/sysconfig/gpm,
which is where I *think* you would start. Then be sure to use
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/gpm restart" after changes. Wish I could remember the
details, I haven't played with that in many years (but man gpm should do
it). Also I suspect it is possible for individual users to have
something like a ~/.gpmrc, but I have not verified that.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com