[lug] linux to windows and beyond (networking)

Jeff Walker jeffwalker at bwn.net
Mon Nov 12 13:55:50 MST 2001

So, I finally got my winmodem working on linux.  pretty neat.  Now I would
like to change my request to allow the linux box to have the internet
connection, and route packets from windows to the linux box, and the linux
box to route the internet packets to out the ppp interface.  I know this is
possible, if not easy.  I started reading up on iptables, but it is pretty
complex.

I guess all I want to do is allow windows to access the internet through
linux, and for nothing to be allowed in from the internet (not my top
priority, since this is dial-up).

Does anyone have the rules already written that I can plagiarize?  or a
pointer to somewhere on the internet that really talks about this?

Thanks (as always)