[lug] [CLUE-Tech] Super Computing Event: SC2001 (fwd)

Jeff Walker jeffwalker at bwn.net
Tue Nov 13 14:08:07 MST 2001

> Here's to hoping things turn around in the future...those of you
> with jobs,
> I'd
> suggest you hang onto them like grim death. It's ugly out here.

Yeah, that an refrain from telling the poor shmucks out there with out a job
(Sept. 25th for me) that it really isn't <i>that</i> bad.

Sure, its probably nothing but a market correction, but it hurts when it is
being corrected on the backs of people like myself.  Unemployment pays
pretty well, but not that well.

I have applied to over 50 jobs--in state and otherwise--and have gotten
little reply.  I am finding that the response is so great for these few jobs
out there that many mail servers are getting overloaded and crash, bouncing
your email back to you.  (I have actually noticed that most seem to be MS
Exchange servers, FWIW)

Perhaps it is time for this thread to die....

-Jeff

> --
> -
> Sean LeBlanc, seanleblanc at home.com
> Stop corporate welfare. Repeal the H1-B program now:
> http://www.zazona.com/ShameH1B/
> Auctioning many Linux, Java, NT, SilverStream books:
> http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewList
edItems&userid=tparkin