[lug] route add -host attacks

Warren Sanders sanders at MontanaLinux.Org
Wed Nov 14 21:44:48 MST 2001

Yes the route change is being stored.  The port varies as it seems they are just
doing a scan before the route add takes place.  I also noticed by default the
files in /sbin are owner/group root and 755.  I chmod 700 route and I'm still
getting hosts added.  Also noticing several of these are from Asian countries.

The best thing I have going for me at this moment is having portsentry adding
them to the deny list.

--
Warren Sanders
http://MontanaLinux.Org