[lug] need samba help for printing

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Nov 16 14:56:07 MST 2001

I'm trying to setup Samba on my Linux server so my wife/daughter can print
from their Win95 box.  I have Samba installed and configured on the server
using Webmin.  I can see the Samba server from the Win95 box.  However,
every time I try to print a test page I am prompted for a password.  I
found documentation online that says the format of the password is
"userpass,acctpass" but I have no idea what this really means.  Are there
two passwords?  Is this really "userid,password" and, if so, which user id
am I using on the Linux box?  Can I configure Samba to not ask for
passwords at all?  I though setting the Global "Security" option to "SHARE"
would do that, but I still get asked for passwords.

Any ideas?
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com