[lug] Help needed configuring an Epson Photo 890 under SuSE 7.2

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sun Nov 18 12:44:29 MST 2001

Rob,

What you want is gimp-print.  It will allow photo-quality printing to
most epson printers from Gimp.  It also has allowed for generic drivers
that use the printers' full potential for both Ghostscript and CUPS.  I
us the CUPS drivers from gimpprint with my Epson Photo 750 quite well.
The Epson Photo 890 is listed as supported.

Check out http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/.

I know there are debian packages, I imagine there are RPMs.  You could
always compile yourself, too.

HTH,
Tim