[lug] Very odd, not really linux question -- WATT 32, AT&T at home

Brad Grissom bgrissom at Mines.EDU
Sun Nov 18 16:39:20 MST 2001

Not completely related to this, but I also have @home.  My problem is how do I see other machines on the home network?  We each have our little c338829-a.lakwod3.co.home.com addresses, but I need to know the internal network stuff.

I guess it would help to know what I am trying to do.  I am trying to scp some files onto the Windows machine, from the Linux machine.  Basically I have pscp on the Windows machine (Putty's SCP) and I am copying stuff from the DOS prompt.  I can do something like:

pscp grizzyb at 24.182.228.14:/home/grizzyb/file C:\file

or

pscp grizzyb at c338829-a.lakwod3.co.home.com:/home/grizzyb/file C:\file

But each of those go through the @home servers and limit the bandwidth.  I just want to identify the Linux machine as 192.168.0.12 or whatever but I haven't figured out how.  Nothing sees anything else on the home network!

~~Brad Grissom
Colorado School of Mines