[lug] Mail Round Robin

Ken Kinder ken at notenetwork.com
Mon Nov 19 10:55:19 MST 2001

I've been putting together this Mail Round Robin thing. I started off with a
simple Perl script, that uses Net::POP3. I ran into a problem: it dies on a
"Broken Pipe" error - the truely annoying thing is, then since it doesn't
have the ability to quit elegantly, the deleted messages don't really get
deleted.

Not knowing what was causing that error, I switched to connecting and
disconnecting for each message, one at a time, to make each message more like
an atomic transaction. Then, the server wigged out and thought it was being
flooded. Crappers!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have three customer service reps who need
to have mail sent to a general drop-box.

--
Ken Kinder