[lug] VPN or SSH for cvs?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Nov 21 12:48:59 MST 2001

I'm using ssh for the :ext: method of cvs to run commands like update,
checkin, status, so on, at a remote linux machine. But I have to use my
password each time (I do NOT want to use a pserver or other means that
allows login simply by key, it has to ask for a pass each time), and
wanted to know if someone here can think of a way to set it up more as a
VPN. Basically I'd establish an ssh tunnel that remains connected till I
close it, and my ssh/cvs would use that connection if it exists. Has
anyone here done something like this?

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com