[lug] Help needed configuring an Epson Photo 890 under SuSE 7.2

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Wed Nov 21 15:43:28 MST 2001

You know, I don't have a lot of details on setting things up.  I use
Debian, and the .debs I downloaded pretty much had everthing set up from
the beginning.  In gimp you do want to use RAW, let it go right to the
port.  I think CUPS and lpd are fairly similar.  CUPS is a little more
modern, it has a web interface, etc. but when lpd is combined with
Ghostscript as a filter, they are pretty similar.

Tim