[lug] Serial Console

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sun Nov 25 00:45:15 MST 2001

Ah drats, nevermind!

It seems I have hardware wierdness.  I had been trying ttyS0, and just
recently switched to ttyS1.  When I did this, I logically moved the serial
cable over to the serial port labelled 'b' (this is on an old packard
bell).  Well, it didn't work there.  But inittab was
finally able to launch a getty on ttyS1, and I had noticed that the
kernel was only recognizing one serial port.  So it occurred to me to
move the serial cable back to 'a' on the computer.  And now it works.
This makes no senes to me, but go figure.

Time for bed