[lug] startup problem

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Mon Nov 26 09:55:55 MST 2001

A lot depends on how things are being called.  If the firewall is being
called as a runlevel startup item (e.g. S12firewall in /etc/rc.d/rc5.d
then it is sufficient to rename it to S**firewall where the ** is a
number bigger than the number for network.

If it is being called out of /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit then you need to make
sure that the network stuff gets called before the firewall stuff.

An informative process is to trace the startup process from
/etc/inittab.

Hugh