[lug] Oracle 8i on KRUD/RedHat 7.1?

Riggs, Rob RRiggs at doubleclick.net
Tue Nov 27 13:48:21 MST 2001

You need the compat-glibc package installed. Execute
"/usr/i386-glib21-linux/bin/i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh". You must then set
the environment variable "LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5". The client installer
should work at that point. The server configuation process will not work
without relinking a bunch of Oracle binaries.

Better information can be found on the net by searching for "Oracle Redhat
7". This site appears to have good info:
http://www.zx81.org.uk/computing/oracle/oracle-howto/redhat7.html