[lug] Oracle 8i on KRUD/RedHat 7.1?

stevendeal at mac.com stevendeal at mac.com
Tue Nov 27 09:35:13 MST 2001

If you download the install off oracle's site, you may notice there is a
patch available there that fixes this problem. (As others have
mentioned). I dunno anything about java not playing nice with any
particular kernel or if that env. variable is really necessary. I use
this setup (8.1.7/krud 'texas flood?') myself at work. So it does work.
I'm always surprised at how many resources are on the web regarding
oracle and linux. I found a great 'how-to' on an ars digita website back
in 8.1.6 days. I have not been able to find it since, but I'd be happy
to make what I have available, it's basically just info on installing
and custom sid creation.

Steven