[lug] VMWare Resources

Dhruva B. Reddy sledgehammer2010 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 08:16:58 MST 2001

I tried an earlier version (can't remember the number) a few years ago on my
Pentium 120 with 72MB of RAM, with NT 4.0.  I was pleasantly surprised to find
that it was actually usable (albeit barely).

Having just inherited my company's books (on QuickBooks), I just tried
VMWare 3.0 on my Athlon 1133 with 1GB of RAM.  As expected, it was much
quicker.  However, I still noticed some lag.

Configuration on my dual-boot machine was a snap, although I wish there
was an easy way to get LILO to pick a default system based on whether it
is run natively or within VMWare.  I wasn't watching closely enough, and
the virtual machine starting booting into Linux, and started mounting
one of the (already mounted) Linux partitions before I stopped it.

Dhruva

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 08:40:52PM -0800, quoth Jeffrey Siegal: